Saturday, December 29, 2007

Lots to catch up on!

Since I have been a little, well...VERY, lax in updating, I have a lot to catch up on now!

Atticus has changed SO much in the last 6 weeks. He is getting stronger and stronger every day. He does a great job of holding his head up on his own, and has a VERY strong grip when he holds onto our fingers...which he loves to do. He is awake for longer periods of time now...especially after he finishes eating. He is especially happy after he eats, spends lots of time smiling at Ron and I! He is starting to make a lot more coo-ing noises when he is awake. A few times, I think he has actually made laughing noises at us. He turns his head to our voices, and if we move while he is watching us, he will turn his head and follow us. He hasn't been in newborn sized diapers for a few weeks now...in fact, I found a newborn diaper the other day and can't believe he used to fit in that size...it was so small! The 0-3 month clothes that were so big on him when we came home from the hospital are fitting him perfectly; some are actually too small already! He is learning to grab onto and hold different things in his hands. And he LOVES music, and he especially LOVES when we sing to him. I wonder if that is from all the music I played for him while I was pregnant? He does really well during his baths; I think he really likes being in the warm water and he love the frog washcloth that "ribbits" when it cleans his tummy!
At Atticus' 2 week doctor's appointment he weighed a whopping 9 lbs. 13 oz. (I think) and was still measuring 20 1/2 inches long. Ron weighed him on Christmas Eve and he weighs somewhere between 11 and 12 pounds now.
We spent the next couple weeks decorating the house and getting ready for Atticus' first Christmas. We spent one fun afternoon taking LOTS and LOTS of pictures of Atticus (I think we took 142 pictures!).

There were a few outings for him this month...He went to work with Mom because she had to fill out some insurance forms...he, Mom, and Grandma went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping and to see Santa...he went to a Christmas party with mom and all the ladies she works with...he went out to dinner with Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Bryan...he and Mom have taken lots of small trips running everyday errands...and then Christmas Eve and Christmas day...and another trip to Mom's work for a going away party!!! He is so good when we are out, usually falling asleep in his carseat and staying very content until we are home again.
On December 17th, Atticus turned 1 month old, so I took him to JC Penny's to have photos taken. He was really good, and they did a great job with all the photos! Later that day, we took pictures for our Christmas cards. Even the dogs got to participate and have fun with that!

Christmas Eve was a pretty busy day. Ron and I spent a large part of the day cleaning the house and getting ready for the evening. Tom and Carole and Dad and Mary were going to come out for our holiday celebration. It wasn't easy with a 1 month old baby at home, but we made it as simple as possible and that really helped. It was a really nice evening.... we ate Chili and drank Tom and Jerry's. Atticus slept through a lot of it. Didn't even wake up for opening gifts. The "hit" of the evening was hooking up my laptop to the TV and showing a slideshow of pictures (of Atticus, of course) on the TV throughout the night.

Christmas day was pretty quiet. In the afternoon we went to Elgin to Mom and Bob's house. It was fun, like it is every year, but WOW...it was busy! I think I counted that there were 17 people there!!!! Atticus got to spend time with both his Great Grandma Patterson, and his Great Grandma Cozella...both of whom seemed more than happy to be spending time with him! He also got to meet his Aunt Rebecca for the first time...she was totally in love with him!Now we are getting ready for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Ron is working New Year's Eve, so Atticus and I are planning to go to Elgin to my mom's house for the night. My mom has promised me a full night's sleep...if I bring bottles for Atty, she will get up with him during the night. That sounds wonderful to me...especially since I feel like I have been totally lacking in the sleep department for the last few nights!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is an adorable young man. I printed a couple pictures to show mom. She will enjoy them. Love the blonde hair. Patti

Tiffany McCallen said...

Love that you caught us all up! :) Hope you get some sleep soon... I promise you, they DO finally sleep through the night at some point. Take care! —Tif

Tiffany McCallen said...

We need more info! What's the little man up to these days?