Sunday, February 17, 2008

January with Atticus

Wow! I've been really negligent with keeping up on this. I really need to try to do better!

Let me start by saying Happy New Year! Atticus started off the new year by moving to the crib in his bedroom to sleep. He did really well from the very first night. Actually I think he did better with the move than I did. I had a harder time adjusting to not having him at arms length, but after a couple of nights, I started sleeping better than I had in weeks, so it was a good move. I keep the monitor next to the bed, so I can hear when he wakes up. I love waking up and listening to his little grunts and groans...and I love to listen to his breathing through the monitor. Occasionally he still sleeps with Mom, but most of the time, he's in his crib!

On January 20th, we went for his 2 month pictures. He was very good, and they turned out great! Here are a few of them...Atticus had his 8 week doctor's appointment in January, too. He weighed 11lbs 11oz. He was in the 50th percentile...just where he is supposed to be. Then he got his shots... Poor guy! He had 2 shots in each thigh! He did really well...barely cried at all. I was so worried, it was a huge relief to be done with them! Unfortunately only 4 more weeks until we do it all over again!

Another big event this month was my return to work... On January 28th, I went back to work. It was bittersweet. I knew it would be good for me to get back in the swing of "real" life, but I also knew I was really going to miss spending so much time with Atticus. We found a home daycare where Atticus will spend 5 days every 2 weeks, and the other 5 days, he will be at home with Daddy.... Daddy-Daycare, as I like to call it. On my first day back to work, he was at home with Daddy. They had a great day together...my day at work...longest day ever! My second day back to work was Atticus' first day at Michelle's house (his daycare). He did very well...and actually so did I. It was really hard to leave him, but it makes it easier knowing he is being very well cared for both at home and at Michelles.

I think that is about it for January. Here are a few random pics from throughout the month...

Atticus says "Go Buckeyes!" Unfortunately even his cheers didn't bring a win for them!
Even Atticus is tired of winter!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute - I can't believe how big he is getting! Love the hair!