Sunday, February 24, 2008

Only 6 more weeks of winter!

At least that is what the groundhog's verdict was here in Rockford! We can only hope to be so lucky! It has been a really horrible winter this year. It is officially the snowiest winter on record for Rockford, and I am officially ready for it to end! In fact, the front page of the Rockford paper the other day showed snowfall totals for different places for this winter and we have had more than Anchorage, Alaska! Spring can't come soon enough.

Atticus changes every day. He plays with his toys more now. He can reach for them and grab them. It's really fun to watch. He has a moose that he loves to play with and his newest favorite toy is his Lullaby Glowworm. Daddy thinks it is really creepy looking, but Atticus just smiles and giggles when the Glowworm's face lights up and he starts playing music.
A couple of weeks ago, on February 10th, to be exact, Atticus was having tummy time on the floor with Mommy and he rolled over! So, armed with my camera, video rolling, I patiently waited for him to do it again. Finally, my efforts were rewarded!

(I tried to upload the video, but it's not letting me...)

Atticus went for his 3 month pictures on February 17th. Time sure goes quickly! Here are a few of my favorites...
Last Monday night, Atticus was VERY upset and was kicking his arms and legs like crazy when I set him on the floor on his back. Well, he was kicking so hard, he rolled himself to his tummy. It was a total accident, even though he did it twice.... He looked so shocked both times. He did it again a couple days later, but not at all since. He is trying really hard to pull himself up with his tummy muscles when he is lying down. It won't be long and he'll be able to sit on his own, I think! The last few days, he has also decided to become more and more vocal. He LOVES to yell! I wonder what he thinks he is saying???

Here are some random pics from the past month....

Mommy and Atticus
Daddy and Atticus
Atticus finally got to meet Aunt Peggy
Great-Grandma and Atticus
Atticus and Grandpa
Atticus and Grandma
Sarah and Zoe, Kim and Atticus, & Caren and Jonny at Dad's birthday dinner
Best Friends...Atticus & Salieri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atti is so cute!

Tiffany McCallen said...

Fantastic pictures! And I second the celebration of the dwindling days of winter. Do we really need more snow and ice?!!

Anonymous said...

Great update Kim. He sure is a cutie. your cousin Patti