He has learned to cough on command... which has become somewhat of a game with him. If he is looking for us, he will cough and knows that we will cough back at him. Then he'll come find us, coughing the whole way! Atty's own version of Marco Polo! Or sometimes in the car we will spend the drive coughing at each other.
He has learned to give kisses when you ask...
And he is walking all over the place with the assistance of his toy...
(this is the very first time that posting a video has worked for me, so I am making up for all the videos I have tried to post in the past but wasn't able!!)
Atticus has 4 teeth now, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. I think he is trying to cut some more on the bottom, but he won't let me check. He has become increasingly irritated at the finger I keep poking in his mouth and has decided that unless he is choosing to grab the finger and place it in his mouth (so that he can bite it....HARD), no fingers allowed.
We are about one month in to Atticus always sleeping in his own crib, as opposed to the pack and play in my room or just in bed with me. He is doing great. Coincidentally, the same time he moved to his own bed is the same time he started sleeping through the night. One month later, I am still having a hard time re-learning to sleep all night, but I'm confident that I will eventually get it figured out!
Last weekend was Zoe's first birthday. I can't believe that she is one already! The cousins all had a great time playing together. They were fun to watch. Atticus loved Zoe's Learning House (so much that his mom just had to go buy him one of his own the next day).
Atticus is cruising around furniture like a pro, and in the last week has started standing on his own for short periods. Is there anything I can do to slow this little man down and keep him a baby for a little while longer?
I learned that Atticus doesn't like oatmeal.
He still isn't talking (actual words) a lot yet. He says "Dada" "Daddy" "Da"(which I think usually means Dog, it sometimes sounds like he puts a "g" at the end) "Hi" and "Ball". Despite all my hard work and encouragement, he still just laughs and says "Dada" when I try to get him to say "Mama". He has become increasingly more vocal in the last month. He loves to hear his own voice and it's pretty obvious that the louder he can be, the better!
Just some random pictures from the last month


4 comments:
Oh, he is SO cute! I love him playing with his "house!" Does he love his as much as Carter does??? Great toy! :)
Oh my goodness he is such a little man already! Give it just another month or two and he'll be running and talking your ear off!
He loves his house! Some of the best money I have spent!!!
Tiff...I won't be able to handle him! He's so crazy already! ;-)
Great pictures and videos! Our little guy is getting to be so big. Can't wait for his first birthday :)
Love, Uncle Eric, Aunt Sarah, and Cousin Zoe
Post a Comment