Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Atticus' Adventure in Chicago - Day 1

So Ron had to go to Evanston for a 3 day class. Atty and I decided to come with for 2 days just to do something different. We all came out Monday night...Tuesday while Ron was in his first day of class our adventure began!!!

We started our day with a 2-3 hour walk around Evanston.
Then I called my friend Jen and Atticus and I jumped on the"L" train to go visit her downtown, on the lake.
We got off the L and walked to Lake Shore Drive to her apartment.

The view out the living room of Jen's apartment.

When we left, we decided to go home another way because the L station we arrived at was NOT stroller friendly. Because it wasn't handicapped accessible, there was no elevator, so to get down to street level we had to go down a VERY steep staircase...no easy task. I took Atty out of his stroller and folded his stroller up and carried one under each arm. Thanks to all the good people of Chicago who offered to help! HA! So on our way home, we walked a few extra blocks to the Addison station because it is handicapped accessible. Because we were at Addison, we were so close, I had to take my little Cubs fan to his Mecca....Wrigley Field!
He was so tired he slept during most of our walk from Jen's to Wrigley and most of the L ride back to Evanston.
When we got back to our hotel, Ron was waiting and my 2 guys hung out on the bed watching TV!
We had a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, Cousin Patti